• What is a Student Agency?

    At Puravida Study, as a Student Agency, we are dedicated to advise and help you find the best course or program to study in Australia. Our service is free, helping you even with your Visa, Health Insurance and travel management. To learn more about our services, please click here.

  • Why should I study in Australia?

    Here are 5 reasons to study in Australia:

    1. Australia is considered to be one of the top 10 happiest country in the world. Australia has 5 of the best cities in the world for students based on student mix, affordability, quality of life, and employment options.*

    2. Melbourne and Sydney have been voted 2 of the 20 best cities to live in the World*, but we think Gold Coast, Perth and Brisbane are pretty amazing too.

    3. Australia has the third highest number of international students in the world behind the United Kingdom and the United States despite having a population of only 23 million.*

    4. Australia has seven of the top 100 universities in the world.

    5. Australia has an amazing range of different lifestyle options. For warmer weather Gold Coast and Brisbane are the top choices, for city culture and nightlife choose Melbourne or Sydney, and if you like to experience the outdoors and beach lifestyles you can achieve that from any wonderful city in Australia.

    *Source (

  • How do I apply to Study in Australia and to get my Student Visa?

    To study in Australia you’ll need to apply for both admission to an institution and also for a student visa from the Australian Government. There are a number of steps you must go through including:
    • Deciding on your preferred course and institution
    • Submitting your application to the institution
    • Receiving and accepting a Letter of Offer
    • Receiving your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
    • Applying for your student visa

    There is a range of entry requirements that you will need to meet both for your institution application and your visa application. This can include:
    • Academic requirements
    • English language requirements
    • Evidence of funds to support your study
    • Overseas student health cover

    If you’re already living or working in Australia, you may still be able to apply to study here as an international student. Contact us to find out how.


  • What is OSHC and what does it’s cover?

    As an international student in Australia, you are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of your study in Australia. But there are also other types of insurance which you may find useful.

    International students undertaking formal studies in Australia, and their dependents (for example, spouses and children under 18 years old), must obtain OSHC. It includes cover for visits to the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals (medicines). OSHC insurers can provide a range of different OSHC products. These may range from a basic product which covers only the compulsory minimum services to comprehensive products which cover, in addition to the compulsory minimum services, extra services as specified under the particular policy.

    The Department of Immigration and Citizenship requires overseas students to maintain OSHC for the duration of time they are in Australia.

    You can find more information, including a list of the providers and average costs, contact us!

    **Private health insurance

    Along with your OSHC you might want to consider purchasing private health insurance to cover items that your OSHC does not cover. You can take out private health insurance to cover just you or your family as well. Benefits, membership costs and eligibility can vary greatly between funds and insurance policies, so when buying health insurance take care to ensure the cover you select is suitable for your needs.


  • Will I have any Support Services while I am studying?

    Puravida’s support services include:
    • Education & career advice
    • Visa advice
    • Student enrollment
    • Departure preparation
    • Arrivals and student care
    • Administration services
    • Australian culture & community experiences
    • Adventure & leisure activities

    There are also Institution support services provided by each Education provider Institutions provide specialist services to help international students adjust to life and study in Australia, and to achieve their goals. This includes student services such as:
    • Language and academic support
    • Designated international student advisers
    • On-arrival reception and orientation programs
    • Childcare, health and counseling
    • Student accommodation
    • Employment services
    • Prayer and worships rooms
    • Banking, shopping and food outlets
    • Clubs, societies, sport and fitness facilities

    Many Australian education institutions are like mini communities, so not only will you be able to undertake your studies amid world-class learning facilities, you will also be able to enjoy the social side of studying as well. You can join a club or society, improve your health and fitness in the gym, join a sports team, attend a social event, or volunteer for community service. To find out full details of what your institution provides please check their website directly.


  • What is the difference between the ‘Working Holiday’ and the ‘Work and Holiday’ Visas?

    These Visas are very similar and both fall under the Australia’s Working Holiday Maker Program, and allows you to travel and work in Australia for a total of 12 months and study in Australia for up to 4 months.

    The only difference is the requirement for the applicant, according to the nationality. The Working Holiday is granted to some European passport holders, whilst the Work and Holiday Visa is for passport holders from Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Indonesia, Spain, Portugual, Turkey and others.

    There are many advantages to an Australian working holiday program. Here are just some of them:
    • You can work, travel and study
    • There are many language programs specifically targeted towards working holiday makers.
    • You can take on technical training and attain job skills. There are many short-term vocational and technical training courses offered at TAFE or Private VET Colleges.

    For information about the Working Holiday Maker Program and how it works please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection at


  • How long does it take for a Student Visa to be approved?

    Processing* times are impacted each month by changes in application volumes, seasonal peaks, complex cases, and incomplete applications. Processing times include applications lodged online and by paper. Where available, you should lodge your application online as it helps streamline processing arrangements.

    *Processing times for different range of student visas or tourist visas are from 48 hours to more than 20 days depending on factors such as peak processing periods in a particular location.

    How will I know if my visa application has been approved? We will tell you.

    If the visa is granted, we will let you know:
    • The date from when your visa begins
    • The visa grant number
    • Any conditions attached to the visa​
    • ​If the visa is not granted, we will send you a letter or email advising:
    • Why the visa was refused
    • Your rights to review the visa (if any)
    • The time limit for lodging an appeal (if applicable)

  • How can I study in Australia and bring my children to Australia?

    If you are bringing school aged children with you when you study in Australia you will need to arrange for them to attend school. The requirements for enrolling students and school fees vary across Australian states and territories, and across schools. Following is a summary of the fee arrangements for public schools in each of Australia’s states and territories, along with links to the relevant websites for more detailed information.

    From 1 January 2016, the children of Higher Degree by Research (Masters and Doctoral) international students studying in Canberra are eligible to have their fees waived in ACT Government schools, and holders of some other temporary visas are also eligible to apply for a fee‐waiver for school aged dependants. Please see the ACT Government Education and Training Directorate(opens in a new window) website for full details on school fees, including eligibility and application criteria (

    School fees apply to most dependants of temporary residents in New South Wales. There are some exceptions, for further information visit the DEC International website (

    Dependants of Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training students are treated as international students and pay full fees. The only exceptions are dependants of Australian Aid students and some PhD home country scholarship students as agreed with Charles Darwin University. Further information can be found at the NT Department of Education website (

    The Department of Education, Training and Employment offers fee exemptions for eligible dependant students of temporary visa holders whose parents are studying in Queensland tertiary institutions. This policy is available on the Education Queensland International website and it sets out the requirements for assessing eligibility for fee exemptions for dependants of temporary visa holders (

    Information on school fees for dependants of international students can be found at the SA Government International Students website. The South Australian Government provides a fee waiver for dependants of Higher Degree by Research students studying at South Australian Universities who meet the necessary criteria. Further information can be found on the Children of SA Government Endorsed Scholarship Holders page on the SA Government International Students website (

    Tuition fees are the same for all Victorian Government schools. There are discounts for students who have a parent studying at a Victorian tertiary institute. More details can be found at on the StudyVIC website (

    Most dependent students are required to pay tuition fees to attend a Tasmanian Government School. For full information please visit the Tasmania Department of Education website (

    In Western Australia children of international higher degree students are able to access subsidised schooling in government schools. Eligible children can access government schooling at the same fee levels applied to local students.

    For more information about government schooling for children of international higher degree students visit the WA Education and Training International website (