This policy applies to information collected by Puravida Study (“We”or “Us”).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Puravida Study recognise the importance of keeping our clients personal information private. We manage all personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We make every effort to maintain the highest standards in dealing with personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
The expression ’personal information’ is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
We will collect information about you, such as your name, contact details, occupation, skills, education history, employment history, and Australian work rights eligibility. When practical we may also collect proof of financial support and character or sponsorship references.
The type of information we collect depends on the transaction you undertake with the organisation.
For example we will collect personal information from you if you:
- Submit your resume
- Require assistance for a course application
- Require assistance for a visa application
- Submit personal legal documents
- Enquire on the website
- Subscribe to newsletters
- Register for an event
If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, Puravida Study may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of our activities or functions.
We may decline to collect unsolicited personal information from or about you and take steps to purge it from our systems.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE COLLECTED:
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from candidates and customers.
This occurs when:
- Personal documentation is supplied – in connection with a course and/or visa application.
- Clients attend consultations.
- We receive references.
- We receive proof of financial support
- We receive results of English placement tests.
- We receive results of skills-based competency tests.
- We receive any additional information or feedback from an educational college.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Puravida Study may disclose your personal information to potential education providers, and government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
Clients who provide personal information in an application for a specific course or visa are assumed consenting to the disclosure of their details for that application.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We recommend that you keep us up-to-date with changes to your information.
If you find that personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you can ask us to correct it by contacting us.
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION:
You can access your personal information by contacting Puravida Study. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised or required to refuse your request.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVATE POLICY:
This policy was created on 4 October 2018. Any amendments will be updated on an ongoing basis.