Take care of the elderly and extend your stay in Australia

Would you like to work assisting to those who need it most?

In that case, you would like to know that this type of work is in high demand in Australia and also offers sponsorship options

Taking care of someone who really needs it has always been, in my opinion, one of the most rewarding jobs anyone can do. And so, if while doing this selfless work, you are earning points to extend your stay in Australia, the satisfaction is double!

Due to the high demand for this type of professional, the federal government recently announced the new Aged Care Industry Labour Agreement, which aims to facilitate the hiring of qualified international workers in this sector.

This agreement allows employers to sponsor workers abroad through the Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482). In addition, aged care workers may apply for residency through the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) if they have at least two years of full-time work experience in Australia.

Likewise, in recognition of this type of professional, their salary will increase by 15% (as of this month of July). This raise will benefit over 200,000 people in the elderly care sector!

How can you access this type of work in the Australian territory? If you still don’t have it, the first thing is to obtain a certificate of studies related to this sector. Contact us today to receive the latest information about courses and scholarships.


An Argentina passionate about travelling, cooking, interested in sustainability and always learning new things. After having travelled and lived in Australia, she is now studying a master's degree in Sydney and sharing her experience with all those who want to come!

Do you need help with your student visa?

Contact Puravida Study for advice.

enquire now